Regional travel in Peru – Travel program PTW-TAM003-en
3 days / 2 nights – Start: daily
• Reception at the airport in Puerto Maldonado and transfer to the port of Madre de Dios. On the way a short city tour. After 25 minutes of driving on the Madre de Dios we reach a path where after about 30 minutes we reach a narrow canal. From here a small boat takes you to Lake Sandoval. The view is impressive and very beautiful. The journey continues in a catamaran to Sandoval Lake Lodge.
• After lunch and a short rest, we will visit the western part of the lake by catamaran. In the evening macaws arrive to spend the night or stay in the nests.
• Return to the lodge for dinner.
• At night search and observation of the black caiman. When the moon is shining and the sky is clear, a night cruise on the lake offers wonderful views.
• Get up early to visit Lake Sandoval. Foraging birds can be spotted, and if you're lucky, giant otters can be seen fishing. These animals are threatened with extinction. The early morning hours are undoubtedly the best for observing wildlife and getting good photos. At midday the birds stay in the shade due to the prevailing heat and there is not much to see.
• Return to the hostel for breakfast.
• Then a demonstration of how the Brazil nuts – an important product of the area – are collected, opened and traded.
• After lunch and a short rest, visit the eastern part of the lake, where 5 different species of monkeys, including the capuchin monkey, live.
• Return to the hostel for dinner.
• On request, search for the black caiman again or a hike to listen to the nocturnal sounds of the jungle.
• After breakfast transfer to Puerto Maldondo airport.
Note: Changes may be made to improve the various activities, as well as for climatic or organizational reasons.
WhatsApp (51) 994633845