Regional travel in Peru – Travel program PTW-CUS006-en
Hike from Pitumarca to the rainbow mountain Vinicunca.
• Pick up from the hotel in Cusco at 5:00 h.
• About a three-hour drive south.
• Upon arrival in the small town of Pitumarca, an energetic Andean breakfast, specially prepared to start the hikes. There are toilets.
• Approximately 1½ hour uphill hike to mount Vinicunca (rainbow mountain or seven colored mountain) 4 km away. Possibility to rent horses or mules directly from the local residents.
• During the trek, the main peak of Ausangate, which is almost completely covered with snow, can be well observed. Alpacas and sheep can also be seen.
• At the end of the trail, the effort is rewarded with a great view of the colorful Vinicunca mountain range. Time to enjoy this stunning panorama and capture it in photos.
• Descent without haste.
• Typical lunch with herbal tea and soft drinks.
• Return to Cusco (about 3 hours).
• Arrival at the hotel around 18:30 h.
WhatsApp (51) 994633845